Some things to know about participating on the blog.
1. The comment section of the blog is not the place to send me an email. It is a public commenting and discussion section. If you would like to contact me, visit this page.
2. Do not threadjack. If it doesn’t apply to the topic of the post, don’t leave it in the comments section. Put it in a post that deals with that topic.
3. Do not copy and paste large quantities of material, particularly copyrighted material, from other locations on the web. Make your comment truly your comment.
4. Do not spam or use my blog merely to link your own questionably relevant material and get traffic back to your site.
5. Be nice. Seriously. I value nice. It isn’t weak to be kind and respect others, including me. If what I wrote makes you incredibly angry, just stop reading.
6. Sometimes I change my mind on a topic. Pointing this out to me isn’t really necessary. I admit being open to being convinced otherwise, which is not shameful nor weak.
7. Comments are moderated. Heavily. Your’s might not make it. It has nothing to do with freedom of speech; rather, it is more about private property rights.
8. If you choose to engage me privately in email over something I’ve written on the blog, your email may be used on the blog. Your privacy will remain protected unless otherwise requested, but I prefer (since this usually happens with contentious posts) that my readers see and have the opportunity to respond to every facet. If you don’t want this, do not email me.
9. I save and archive all emails I receive, particularly if you’re a jackass to me. I may need fodder for a blog post some day.